Directions: Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay on innovation. Your essay should include the importance of innovation and measures to be taken to encourage innovation.You are required to write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.
It is universally acknowledged that innovation refers to being creative, unique and different. In fact, today it is impossibly difficult for us to image a 21st century without innovation.
We should place a high value on innovation firstly because innovative spirit can enable an individual to ameliorate himself, so he can be equipped with capacity to see what others cannot see, be qualified for future career promotion, and be ready for meeting the forthcoming challenges. What’s more, we ought to attach importance to the role played by innovation in economic advancement. Put it another way, in this ever-changing world, innovation to economic growth is what water is to fish. To sum up, if innovation misses our attention in any possible way, we will suffer a great loss beyond imagination.
In order to encourage innovation, it is wise for us to take some feasible measures. For example, mass media should greatly publicize the significance of creative spirit and encourage the public to cultivate awareness of innovation. Besides, those who manage to innovate should be awarded generous prize. Though there is a long way ahead to go, I am firmly certain that the shared efforts will be paid off.
Section A Conversation
1. [C] It links the science of climate change to economic and policy issues.
2. [B] It would be more costly to deal with its consequences than to avoid it.
3. [A] The transition to low-carbon energy systems.
4. [C] Plan well in advance.
5. [B] What determines success.
6. [D] It means being good at seizing opportunities.
7. [D] Practice is essential to becoming good at something.
8. [C] Being passionate about work can make one wealthy.
Section B Passage
9. [A] To stump of a giant tree.
10. [B] Wind and water.
11. [D] It was created by supernatural powers.
12. [C] By lifting them well above the ground.
13. [A] They will buy something from the convenience stores.
14. [A] They can bring only temporary pleasures.
15. [D] Small daily savings an make a big difference in one‘s life.
Section C Lecture
16. [B] They are necessary in our lives.
17. [B] They feel too overwhelmed to deal with life's problem.
18. [A] They expand our mind.
19. [B] It came from a 3D printer.
20. [C] When she was studying at a fashion design school.
21. [C] It was hard and breakable.
22. [D] It marks a breakthrough in printing material.
23. [A] They arise from the advances in technology.
24. [D] It is intensively competitive.
25. [D] Sharing of costs with each other.
26. [O] vanished
27. [M] undergone
28. [D] expanding
29. [K] survived
30. [H] process
31. [L] terminals
32. [E] industrialized
33. [F] perceived
34. [B] conveniences
35. [G] practice
Countries Rush for Upper Hand in Antarctica
46. [D] It has little impact on their decision whether or not to quit smoking。
47. [A] Pass a law to standardise cigarette packaging。
48. [B] The number of smokes has dropped more sharply than in the UK。
49. [A] Prime Minister Cameron has been reluctant to take action。
50. [C] They made more British people obese。
51. [A] It is worthwhile after all。
52. [D] Most of them take jobs which don‘t require a college degree。
53. [C] Interactions among themselves outside the classroom。
54. [B] Meting people who will be helpful to you in the future。
55. [D] The prestige of the university influences employers‘ recruitment decisions。
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to translate a passage from Chinese toEnglish. You should write your answer on Answer Sheet 2.
With the improvement of living standards, vacation is playing an increasingly important role in Chinese people’s life. In the past, Chinese people mainly spent their time on earning a living and seldom did they have the opportunities to travel abroad. However, the recent years has witnessed a fast development of China’s tourism industry. The boom of economy and emergence of the affluent middle class, has triggered an unprecedented tourism boom. Chinese people are not only traveling within China, but traveling abroad is also becoming more and more popular. During the National Day holiday of 2016, the consumption of tourism adds up to more than 400 billion. According to the estimate of the WTO, China will become the country with the largest tourism industry in the world in 2020, and it will become the country with the fastest consumption increase in traveling abroad in the next few years.