经典电影口语:西雅图不眠夜_2

昨日星晨昨日风。 2014-10-204160阅读
分享

(She changes the station again.)

(安妮再次换台)

Marcia: Seattle. go ahead.

玛莎:西雅图,说吧。

Jonah: Hello. This is Jonah B... (Being interrupted by beep.)

乔娜:你好,我叫乔纳·鲍(声音被电台信号干扰淹没。)

Marcia: No last names. Jonah. You sound younger than our usual callers. How old are you?

玛莎:乔纳,不用说姓氏你的声音听起来比一般听众要年轻。你多大了?

Jonah: I'm eight.

乔纳:八岁。

Marcia: Eight. How come you're up so late?

玛莎:八岁?这么晚了还没睡吗?

Jonah: It's not that late in Seattle.

乔纳:在西雅图不算晚。

Marcia: Oh, of course, you're absolutely right. All right, what's your Christmas wish, Jonah?

玛莎:哦,没错。那么,乔纳,你的圣诞愿望是什么呢?

Jonah: It's not for me; it's for my dad. I think he needs a new wife.

乔纳:不是为我自己,是为我爸爸。我想他需要一个新妻子。

Marcia: You don't like the one he has now?

玛莎:你不喜欢他现在的妻子吗?

Jonah: He doesn't have one now. That's the problem.

乔纳:问题是他现在没有妻子。

Marcia: Where' s your mom?

玛莎:你妈妈呢?

Jonah She died.

乔纳:她死了。

Marcia: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, Jonah.

玛莎:乔纳,我很难过。

Annie: Well, who can believe this?

安妮:真是难以直信。

Jonah: I've been pretty sad, but I think my dad's worse.

乔纳:我很难过,但我想爸爸比我更难过。

Marcia: Have you talked to your dad about this?

玛莎:你跟他谈过吗?

Jonah: No.

乔纳:没有。

Marcia: Why not?

玛莎:为什么不谈呢?

Jonah: It's like it makes him sadder.

乔纳:这会让他更伤心的。

Marcia: Oh, I can understand that. Jonah, is your dad home right now?

玛莎:噢,我明白了。乔纳,你爸爸现在在家吗?

Jonah: Yeah.

乔纳:在。

Marcia: What's he doing? Is he busy?

玛莎:他在做什么?他忙吗?

Jonah: Not really. He's out on the deck.

乔纳:不忙。他在屋外的甲板上。

Marcia: Now I'm sure that I can help you, but I need you to help me, help him. So what I want you to do is to bring your dad to answer the call.

玛莎:我确信我能够帮助你,但你得先帮助我,我才有机会帮他。所以,我想请你让你爸爸来听电话。

Annie: Ah, retched. woman! Hang up, Jonah! Don't listen to her!

安妮:噢,阴险的女人!乔纳,挂电话!别听她的!

Jonah: No way! He'd kill me!

乔纳:不行,他会杀了我的。

Marcia: Trust me, Jonah. He won't be angry when he realizes how concerned you are about him.

玛莎:乔纳,相信我。如果他知道你这么关心他,他就不会生气。

Annie: Wanna bet?

安妮:打赌吗?

Jonah: OK. But if I get yelled at,I'm never going to listen to your show again.

乔纳:好吧,如果他冲我发脾气,我就再也不听你的节目。

Marcia: (laughing) OK. Fair enough. (Annie can't help laughing. Sam is on the deck outside his house. )

玛莎:(笑)好的,这很公平。(安妮忍俊不禁。在山姆家外,甲板上。)

Jonah: Dad?

乔纳:爸爸!

Sam: Yeah?

山姆:什么事?

Jonah: There's someone on the phone for you. (to Marcia) His name's Sam.

乔纳:有人打电话找你(对码莎)他叫山姆。

Marcia: Sam. (to the listeners) If you've just tuned in, this is Dr. Marcia Fieldstone. And tonight's topic is your wishes and dreams. And we're on the line now with someone from Seattle.

玛莎:山姆。(对听众)您现在收听的是由玛莎·菲尔斯通医生主持的节目。今晚的主题是:你的愿望与梦想。现在我们正在与西雅图的朋友通话。

Sam: (picking up another extension in the drawing room) Hello?

山姆:(拿起客厅里另外一分机)你好?

Marcia: Hello Sam. This is Dr. Marcia Fieldstone on Network America.

玛莎:你好,山姆。我是全美广播电台的玛莎·菲尔斯通医生。

Sam: OK. What are you selling tonight? Micro-hibachis or the ginza knives?

山姆:噢,今晚你想卖什么?微型烤肉架还是忍者刀?

Marcia: No, I'm not selling anything, I just want to help. I want you to know that your son called and he asked me for some advice on how you might find a new wife.

玛莎:不,我不卖东西,我只是想帮你。你知道吗?你儿子打电话来句询问如何帮你找个新妻子。

Sam: Who is this?

山姆:你是谁?

Marcia: Dr. Marcia Fieldstone of Network America. And you are on the air.

玛莎:全美广播电台的玛莎·菲尔斯通医生。你现在正在直才番节目中。

Sam: (to Jonah) You called the radio station?

山姆:(对乔纳)你打电话给电台?

Marcia: Sam? Sam? Sam, Are you with me?

玛莎:山姆!山姆!山姆,你在听吗?

Sam: Yeah. Yes.

山姆:在,我在听。

Marcia: Your son feels that since your wife's death, you've been very, very unhappy. And he's genuinely. worried about you.

玛莎:你儿子觉得自从你妻子去世以后,你一直情绪低落。他非常担心你。

Sam: (to Jonah) Oh, hey! Get out here. Get out here! Come on now. I'm not going to go through-this alone. (Jonah walks into the drawing room from behind the door with the phone in his hand.)

山姆:(对乔纳)出来!出来!到这儿来,别想叫我一个人出洋相。(乔纳从门后走出来,手里拿着电话,来到客厅。)

Marcia: I think it's very hard for him to talk to you about all this. And I thought that maybe you and I could talk. It might make Jonah feel a little better. Sam?

玛莎:我想他很难向你启齿,谈论这件事。我想,如果我们能谈谈的话。

Jonah: Talk to her. Dad, she's a doctor.

乔纳:爸爸,跟她谈谈。她是医生。

Sam: Of what? Her first name could be Doctor.

山姆:哪方面的医生?也许她根本不是医生。

Jonah: Please!

乔纳:求你了!

Marcia: Sam! Sam, it's his Christmas wish.

玛莎:山姆!山姆,这是他的圣诞愿望。

Sam: Okay.

山姆:好吧。

Marcia: Okay, good. Now I know this is difficult, but how long ago did your wife die?

玛莎:好。我知道你不想再提这件事。你妻子去世多久了?

Sam: About a year and a half ago.

山姆:大概一年半。

Marcia: Have you had any relationships. since?

玛莎:之后你交过女友吗?

Sam: Nope.

山姆:没有。

Marcia: No? Why not?

玛莎:没有?为什么?

Sam: Uh, Marcia? Or should I call you Dr. Fieldstone?

山姆:呃,玛莎?或许我应该称你菲尔斯通医生?

Marcia: Dr. Marcia.

玛莎:玛莎医生。

Annie: (repeating) Dr. Marcia.

安妮:(模仿)玛莎医生。

Marcia: Dr. Marcia. I don't mean to be rude.

山姆:玛莎医生,我不想无礼……

Marcia: And I don't want to invade your privacy.

玛莎:我也不想侵犯你的隐私。

Annie and Sam: (together) Sure you do!

山姆、安妮:(异口同声地)你当然想。

Marcia: Go on, Sam. I'm listening. Sam?

玛莎:山姆,接着说吧,我在听。山姆?

Sam: We had a pretty tough time there at first. But we're dealing with it. And Jonah and I would get along just fine again soon as I break his radio.

玛莎:开始我们父子俩度日如年。但我们现在正在逐渐适应这种没有她的生活。我和乔纳会重新好起来的——等我先把他的收音机给摔了。

Marcia: (laughing) I have no doubt that you're a wonderful father. You know, you can tell a lot from a person's voice.

玛莎:(笑)我百分之百相信你是个好父亲。要知道,从一个人的声音可以听出来。

Sam: You certainly can.

山姆:你当然行。

Marcia: But something must be missing if Jonah still feels that you're under a cloud. And just a few questions. Are you sleeping at night?

玛莎:如果乔纳发现你还是闷闷不乐,那肯定是还有什么问题!我想问你几个问题。你晚上睡得着吗?

Jonah: He doesn't sleep at all.

乔纳:他根本没睡。

Sam: How do you know that?

山姆:你怎么知道?

Jonah: I live here, Dad.

乔纳:爸,我也住在这里呀。

Sam: Look, it's Christmas. Maggie, my wife, she really did it. I mean, she loved the... She made everything beautiful. And it's just tough this time of year. I mean, any kid needs a mother.

山姆:圣诞节到了,玛琪——我太太,她可以营造出那种气氛。我是说,她喜欢……她把一切都布直得很美。而现在每年这时候我们就特别难受。我是说,孩子需要母亲。

Marcia: Could it be that you need someone just as much as Jonah does?

玛莎:你是否也和乔纳一样需要一个伴侣?

Annie: Yes.

安妮:是的

Marcia: Don't answer that. Let's get into that right after these messages. Sam, Jonah, don't go away. If you've just tuned in, we're talking to Sleepless in Seattle. And we'll be right back after this break with your listener response.

玛莎:先别回答,广告后再见。山姆,乔纳,别走开。现在您正在收听的是我们和"西雅围不眠人"的谈话。稍后是听众反馈。

Sam: What's she talking about?

山姆:她说什么?

Jonah: This is when other people get to call in and dump on what you said.

乔纳:就是别人打电话进来骂你。

Sam: Oh, Well, this is really fun, and helpful.

山姆:噢,有意思,很有帮助。



本文编辑:昨日星晨昨日风。

【大耳朵原创文章,转载请注明出处】


标签 口语 电影 3g.bigear.cn 用手机随时随地学英语
分享